Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Not Grade Specific - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Workplace Bullying and Harassment Poster - Assess and Express

Ok, so this is a much more serious issue but I am going to write about it here because I hope that this can be of some help to people.

A snippet...
I have had a lot of casual positions, which works in well with other aspects of my life. In a few of these I have come across bullying and harassment, particularly in more stressful workplaces or those that have an obvious hierarchy.

My last position became so stressful that I didn't want to go to work. I couldn't sleep, I got stressed and anxious. My supervisor worked away and seemed unaware of what was going on and it was difficult to articulate the incidents without sounding petty. I had run into some of the same behaviours or culture before and could see patterns, so I started to try and group the behaviours. This is where a degree in Psychology came to the fore.

The result has been this poster which I hope will be helpful to others to recognise and articulate what they are experiencing or witnessing (assess and express). In this way, I hope to give people a tool to assess and express the behaviors that may be leading to workplace stress, unease, inequality or dissatisfaction. 

It can be hard to articulate or report subtle behaviours or incidents that seem like a 'one off'. This poster is set out to explain that each incident is not alone, but part of a bigger pattern. The effect on the victim is not any one incident but the pervasive pattern overall.


This poster is intended for use by employees, colleagues and supervisors, to complement workplace training programs, assist HR or wellness and support staff and/or provide useful information around the workplace. For more information, please see:
for a poster with American spelling, and:
for a poster with British/ Australian spelling.

These people can print and send you as many as you need (:

Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries or requests at meg@megenglish.com or leave me a comment (:

Copyright 2016, Meg. English. All rights reserved. may not be distributed in whole or part without permission from the author/ artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment